Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Piece of Pearl from my First Progressing Novel

“Beta, why have you got bandaged nose…?
“What happened..?” Ma’s face was extremely anxious on seeing my first day college prize as I entered the home.
I was back in the home which was adorned with the traditional furniture and Images of the Lord Shiva, and Other gods everywhere on the ancient white colored walls. One Room and one hall, kitchen, bathroom and small little Puja room, that’s all I have to say about my luxurious place.
 “Did You Fight..? Just tell the truth ok?  Or you have my kasam”. said my mother and used same old weapon to know the truth.
 “Ma, it was just a little accident ok, I got crashed with a rickshaw while coming back.”
“Oh Bhagawan, die you rikshawalas…! Oh see, my son has to face all of this on the very first day of the college.” Said my Mother. “After so many Maantas and Badhas god has given me you mohan…and you, here don’t take care of your self.”
Oh god…Where does this Maantas and Badhas come from all the time?
 Yes, all the dear mothers have got a rare gift of connecting any logic with anything. But this Devputra was born with the side effects of Maanta and Badhas. How to make you understand Ma…!
“Ma, please don’t over react. Its just fine ok…get me some Nashta…I am hungry.”
“First you meet your father ok. He wants to give you something. Your nashta is in the kitchen. By the way, I am going Bazzar to buy some Sabus and vegetables.” Said my mother and went outside with some fellow neighbor aunties.
The Retired bank clerk in a traditional Dhoti, with the experience of 65 winters and the every wrinkle of the face bearing the vast and mixed experience of the life, eyes in the newspaper, had occupied an old wooden chair in the room.
His pension and Dakshinas from the side business of practicing the Kathas was the only source of income in the home.
Beta how was your first day?”
“It was great Papa. Made new friends today.”
“Oh that’s wonderful. Yes, District topper should have friends to prepare class notes on behalf of them.” My father threw mischievous smile this time.
“Papa…please don’t make fun of me…ok. They are really good guys.”
“Oh Ok beta, and by the way, I heard what you said to your ma.”
“What?”
“Take these Keys. The keys of my Luna. You will not go to the college in bicycle from now on.”
“Thanks Papa. But I don’t want it.”
“Why? Do you feel shame in Luna? Papa made a mischievously sad face now. “I think, it’s less shameful than bicycle.”
“No Papa. I am fine with bicycle ok...!”
“Well Beta, I want my bicycle back from you. Cycling is good for the health you know…!”
My father was the best friend of his only son. He somewhere down the line wanted me to live my life at the fullest what he couldn’t do in his lifetime. Pulsar or karizzma was not cup of his tea, and I also didn’t care for them either.
“Ok.Ok. Papa, by the way, you are very smart ok.”
“Beta, that’s why I am your Papa…okkk ! And sometimes, you are also no less smart.”
“What? I mean, I just…I didn’t understand papa.”
“You have never got any accident so far my dear Mohan. First day of the college and bandaged nose…!” was the answer of my father having raised left eyebrow.
 He continued in little bit serious tone now “Beta, I don’t want any explanation, but what I want from you is just concentrate on the right things. You are a grown up boy now.”
“And you know there are certain rules in this Dave family. I, my father or any of your forefathers have never wasted time for any Girlfriend thing. I hope you would continue the legacy.”
Oh…god who will tell my father that he and his forefathers were living in Rakshabandhan Yug, while, we are the Friendship Day generation…!!!
“Yes, papa I do understand.”I replied. But, my tongue was contradicting to my conscious.
 “Very good Beta, I am Proud of you. I know…You will never do wrong things!” Said my Dear Dhotidhari Papa.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oy tari novel nu designing hu karish ho ne...........best of luck bhailu....